Monday, October 29, 2007

Speechless

I apologize for not posting. If it's not one thing, it's another. My computer was having problems with random access memory this time. I think it's fixed now. I think.

I've also been doing a lot of reading and thinking; and spending my weekends traveling and cleaning.

I am back to posting about one of the issues that got me to start this blog: health care. Michael Moore has started a new web site SickoCure.org wherein he is trying to start an organized movement to pressure candidates for national office into taking a stand for universal health care.

A question for Hillary Clinton:


A question for Barack Obama:


A question for John Edwards:


And the Daily Kos has a new post today regarding Americans and Britons going overseas to India and other parts of Asia for cheaper health care. From the post:

You don't have to go far to find someone - George Bush, for instance - who will spout the typical propaganda: America has "the best health care system in the world." True enough if you're a Congressperson or hoi oligoi who can afford to pay for treatment at one of the nation's top medical centers. But, compared with other nations in the developed world, the U.S. does a rotten job of delivering good care to hoi polloi. As plenty of us know firsthand, even Americans with fairly decent health coverage often find it hard to get the treatment the "best health care system in the world" should be providing. When it comes to delivery, the American health care system is ... an outrage.

No comments: