Thursday, November 16, 2006

Too Many Voices

This is a follow-up to my post two days ago reviewing the Blue Man Group concert in Oklahoma City where I mentioned the information overload alluded to in the concert. I was thinking of how much time I spend every day reviewing all the different blogs and news sites for information and how there is more information than I have time to digest, it seems. Sometimes it seems that there are just too many voices.

Of course, I just had to add to the chatter of too many armchair pundits adding their two cents worth on the issues of the day. So I have a lot of room to talk, don't I?

Of course, the founding fathers of the United States always intended for there to be a clash of the cacophony of ideas among the participants in the political process. At the same time, the virtual smorgasbord of sources of information is almost too much to handle.

Although I suppose its better than the alternative. I would rather have access to all the information out there that allows me to make an intelligent decisions about politics, investments or any other interest I have. So maybe there aren't too many voices after all.

1 comment:

Teri said...

You might try limiting the amount of time you spend online. For example, I don't have internet service at home. I thought it would be terrible but it gives me two days to do things besides sit at the computer. Since I have connectivity at work, it's not an issue for now. I also limit the amount of news I read and I have a few blogs I read daily. When it gets overwhelming, I cut back again.