Sunday, May 06, 2007

Sunday Music: Roxette

It is a rare thing when one person or group would be entitled to 4 of their songs on my Sunday Music posts, but Roxette is no ordinary group. They have had a long and distinguished career pumping out great pop/rock songs. In fact, based on what I saw on YouTube, they are still going.

I don't know what it is about Sweden; for such a relatively small country, it seems to produce a lot of big pop stars and groups. From ABBA to Roxette to Ace of Base, Swedish musicians regularly hit the top of the charts in America. They must have a great music school there.

Actually, you could expand that to all of Scandanavia. A-ha was from Norway and the recent winner of Europe's Eurovision music contest was won by Lordi, a Finnish heavy metal rock band wearing ghoulish costumes.

Without further ado, here are 4 Roxette music videos:

From their Tourism CD:



How Do You Do!:


From thir Joyride CD:



Joyride:


Church of Your Heart:


From their Look Sharp! CD:



Dangerous:


Or you can just get all their best hits:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They're my favorite band and I've been listening to them all my life. Thanks for writing about them.