Tuesday, October 17, 2006

An anonymous comment

Someone who I met online sent me a personal email responding to my request on what they want to hear about.

I personally like your entries on Christian or faith-based issues, medical care and the law. For example, I wanted to know more about the habeas corpus issue -- what exactly does it do for average citzens, what the threat was, etc.

If you want more readers, I would have to say -- focus on housing in Oklahoma. People seem to want to read about housing -- prices, rip-offs, declines, where it's still cheap, etc.

I think what makes any blog compelling is original content. 99% are just links to other content, so what value is being added? Opinion doesn't really get people to come back, either, because its generally uninformed -- except for the super-ideologue sites where people preach to the choir. Not my taste, that's for sure.

Hope this helps...


Thanks for the comment. I will try to implement your suggestions. I was already planning to write another article about Habeas Corpus now that President Bush signed the Military Commissions Act into law today.

I definitely have something to think about from this email, however.

No comments: