Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Crazy From the Heat

I have not had any internet access at home, so I am blogging from my workplace.

I went down to the Gulf of Mexico and swam for 4 hours. The beach is only 30 minutes away, I discovered. When I came back, the air conditioning in my RV had failed. The ambient temperature has been 99 degrees Fahrenheit during the day, with the heat index at 110. So I had to spend the weekend in the heat. I think I might have lost some water weight from all the sweating. Don't worry, I'll gain it all back; I always do.

My job seems to be starting out well. Business activity is booming here along the coast. Besides the project we are working on, there are many oil refineries being built and there are several road construction crews out doing work upgrading the highways here.

If you are looking for work, you might want to look into getting a job with the oil industry. Everything it touches seems to turn to gold here.

Now if I could just get my internet up and running at home.

1 comment:

P M Prescott said...

I've spent seven weeks just a little north of you and thinking of retiring, but I'd rather get into the oil business in dry New Mexico than here.