Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sunday Music: Hanson

In my continuing series of Oklahoma music artists to celebrate Oklahoma's Centennial, this week I bring you Oklahoma's pop sensation from a decade ago.

I saw the brothers Hanson at the Cleveland County fair before they were famous. Back then, their show consisted almost exclusively of old 1950's, 1960's and Elvis Presley songs. I remember I was about to leave when they announced that they were going to sing a song that they had written themselves. I decided to stay and see how good they were doing their own material. It was the song that eventually became their breakthrough smash hit MMM Bop.

They Tulsa trio have continued to make music (even releasing a new CD entitled The Walk just recently) and have had some minor hits since then, but nothing really to rival the success they had as pop idol sensations when they were teenagers.

Here is their big smash hit from their glory days:

MMM Bop


No comments: