Saturday, September 15, 2007

Gulf Coast Travels: Kemah

Here is my first installment of photos I took while sightseeing around the Gulf Coast of Texas. I took these pictures during my Labor Day weekend travels to Kemah, Texas.


This is the Captain Kidd "pirate ship" sailboat.


This is the first scene I saw when we got out near the open water: a sunken sailboat. Yeah, that made me feel safer!


This a helicopter that flew over our vessel. It was a lot closer than the picture probably shows.


A nice scene on the Kemah boardwalk. You have to go into a little cubbyhole to take this photo.


Here is a street performer I watched on the Kemah boardwalk. He was so good, I gave him a donation.


A nice fountain at one of the entrances to the Kemah boardwalk.


This little pond is where children could drive toy boats around inside of it.

One thing I didn't take a picture of was the speedboat that I rode after the Captain Kidd. That speedboat is called "The Beast." Prepare to get soaking wet if you take that ride. You'll almost get dry from the wind when you are going at high speed. Some guys might take the ride just to watch the dancing girls on the boat. The boat is run by Joe's Crab Shack, I think, which is right next to it.

There is also a small amusement park on the boardwalk. You can find more information about it, here.

By the way, if you would like to eat at a nice Japanese restaurant, I recommend the Ichibon Japanese Seafood in Kemah.

1 comment:

P M Prescott said...

You mean there's more to see in Texas thnt watching the Kudzu grow? I must have spent all my time in the wrong part of the state.