Sunday, September 09, 2007

Sunday Music: TobyMac

Back on April 15, I did a Sunday Music for DC Talk. Today's Sunday Music I bring you one of the three members of DC Talk after they all embarked on successful solo careers. Toby McKeehan (aka TobyMac) is probably the most successful of the three, but they have all produced good music on their own. In future installments, I will bring you videos from Kevin Max and Michael Tait.

I couldn't find an official video for the first song Burn for You, so I had to settle for one that used the version that I liked but the sound is not so good because it is a bootleg concert copy -- but that is the sort of thing you get on YouTube.

The song is from the CD Welcome to Diverse City (Diversity. Get it?). I think it is a good thing that a popular Christian artist is spreading the Christian message of inclusiveness and racial harmony in his music and videos because I am discovering that the fight for acceptance of racial equality is not yet over. (I don't want to get too detailed, but racial animosity still permeates certain pockets in this part of the country.)

Burn for You


This is the song that is popular on Christian radio right now.

Made To Love You


The last song shows how he combines social commentary with true compassionate Christianity. While this one is one of his older songs, at least it is the official video, so the quality is excellent.

Irene


From each of the CDs respectively:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dig the blog. I've met these guys several times. Kevin (Smith) Max was always a friendly guy.

Andrew @ RedDirtReport.com