Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Iceman Cometh

Local weathermen are predicting one of the worst ice storms Oklahoma has ever seen this weekend. So, if I don't post for a while, don't panic. Your sometime daily dose of Satellite Sky News and Views will return as soon as I get my electricity back. (They are predicting widespread electrical outages this weekend.)

I had a very long day at court today. So I won't have a lot to say tonight. As we say in Oklahoma: I'm tarred (tired). I had to do some hurrying today. And I don't usually get in such a hurry. I'm an Okie. We don't walk, we mosey. I had to get a court order done during my lunchtime, and if you know how much I like my lunchtime, you know I wasn't moseying. So forgive me if I decide to somewhat take the night off.

After I got back from my long drive, I headed over to the local Wal-Mart Supercenter. Yes, I know, a moment of cognitive dissonance given what I have reported before. I filled up my car with $1.85 per gallon gasoline (something else that is far cheaper in Oklahoma than in California). I also stocked up on important supplies. The place was packed. Everyone else was doing the same thing that I was: preparing for disaster.

It's the end of the world! Run for your lives! The Iceman Cometh!

1 comment:

Teri said...

I get tarred too, especially after working through two lunches this week. We already have the cold weather but the snow didn't amount to much. I don't think the cold spell is going to last as long as they think.