Thursday, January 18, 2007

When It Ice Storms, It Pours

As an update to my previous story, my carport collapsed this morning. It's a good thing it didn't happen as I was going outside, or when I had someone come by this morning to give me an estimate on replacing it. It's also a good thing I pulled my car out from underneath it yesterday when I first noticed it sagging; otherwise, it would have crushed my car, too.

When the carport came down, it did some minor damage to the house and knocked out the flood lights as it was attached to the house. It also did some damage to the fence since part of the fence was right underneath it. It pulled down the phone and cable lines and that will have to put back up. What a mess. I can't go out the front gate because of how and where it fell.

It made a loud crashing sound and all my neighbors heard it, too. When the guy came by this morning to look at it to give me an estimate to have it replaced, he said it would definitely come down this weekend because of the snow.

I have also noticed that there is some discoloration on my front porch area that has developed, indicating that I may have a roof leak now, too.

Then I went out to my car to run some errands. The car wouldn't start. I called the dealership and they said they thought it sounded like the starter was going out. You know, they say "good news comes in threes." I guess the opposite is true for me. I think that if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.

No comments: