Thursday, January 25, 2007

Stephen Colbert on Bush's Health Care Proposal

Last night on the Colbert Report, Stephen Colbert made the same observation I made yesterday in prose -- only funny.

***Update*** I think I found the link:



Here is the transcript:

Colbert: What made the President's speech so groundbreaking was all the new stuff we heard from the President -- like a domestic agenda. Take his proposal to fix that whole health care mess with the only proven cure-all: tax breaks.

President Bush: And for the millions of other Americans who have no health insurance at all: this deduction would help put a basic health insurance plan within their reach.

Colbert: It's simple: most people who can't afford health insurance also are too poor to owe taxes. But, if you give them a deduction from the taxes they don't owe, they can use the money they're not getting back from what they haven't given to buy health care they can't afford.

***

And that's the Word.

1 comment:

Teri said...

Personally, I don't think I make enough to pay taxes. And somehow the government not only thinks I need to pay them, but I need to pay even more!